Data engineer with a background in business intelligence, analytics, ETL, database administration, and data pipelines. Ability to work both independently and in a close team environment while ensuring timely completion of project deadlines.
- University of Massachusetts, Boston - 2012 Graduate, B.S. Information Systems
- Emerson College, 2007-2009, Film Production
Skills & Experience
- Airflow DAG and Python ETL development
- AWS server administration and architecture design including EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS/Aurora, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Linux/Unix platforms (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Business Intelligence platforms and applications such as SAP BusinessObjects, Tableau, and PowerBI
- PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL (DynamoDB), SQL Server Analysis Services
- Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory services, Group Policy Objects, Group Policy Management Console
- Monitoring tools including Cloudwatch, graylog, Nagios
- SCCM 2007 & 2012 specializing in OS deployment, Windows image maintenance, software updates, and application/package creation & deployment
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, Gitlab CI)
- Deployment automation (Ansible)
- Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- VMWare virtualization (Workstation, Horizon)
Audacy - Las Vegas, NV | March 2023 - present
Skillz - Las Vegas, NV | July 2021 - August 2022
- Designed, developed, and deployed Airflow ETL pipelines to ingest advertising and mobile attribution data, enabling the user acquisition team to make informed decisions on campaign performance and lowering total user acquisition costs by 10%.
- Mentored junior members of the data team in technical design and code reviews, providing insight into best practices and identifying potential issues in advance of implementation.
- Deployed the data validation framework Great Expectations internally and integrated with our Airflow environment alerting stakeholders when new data fell outside of the defined expectations or thresholds.
- Migrated our company’s MMP provider from Kochava to Singular, converted the business logic for our custom events in SQL, and integrated all the company’s marketing partners to our new provider.
- Rewrote legacy ETL pipelines in Jenkins and migrated to an ELT framework in Airflow to house raw source data in an S3 data lake and transformed within the Snowflake data warehouse.
Clear Capital - Reno, NV | July 2019 - July 2021
- Monitor and troubleshoot all cloud and on-premise PostgreSQL servers for the enterprise
- Review and deploy DDL releases across multiple applications and environments
- Migrated multiple EnterpriseDB servers to Community PostgreSQL, saving nearly $20k in licensing costs
- Designed initialization scripts to deploy DML & DDL to PostgreSQL servers in support of new applications
- Rewrote many legacy functions to support the company’s migration off EnterpriseDB to Community PostgreSQL
- Rewrote company’s internal job deployment tool to support Python 3
- Designed Apache JMeter load tests for testing performance prior to migrations
- Day-to-day PostgreSQL operations work including user management and monitoring scheduled jobs
- Monitor ETL jobs on a daily basis
Sierra Nevada Corporation - Sparks, NV | July 2016 - July 2019
Business Intelligence Developer
- Maintain and configure the servers hosting SAP BusinessObjects
- Configuration of the BusinessObjects platform
- Test and modify reports for business end-users
- Maintain a consistent uptime for customers and make improvements to the platform
- Automate many of the maintenance tasks that were previously being done manually on a daily basis
- Perform updates and upgrades to the platform
Sierra Nevada Corporation - Sparks, NV | August 2015 - July 2016
Technical Systems Administrator II
- Manage over 20 virtual servers running Ubuntu, Red Hat 7, Amazon Linux, and Windows Server 2012
- Designed and built complete cloud infrastructure to meet HIPAA compliance
- Maintain a 99% uptime SLA with our customers
- Deploy new versions of our web application to cloud servers through continuous integration
- Work closely with engineering team to define system requirements
- Write and deploy automated tests for acceptance testing of the system
- Modify source code and push commits to git during bug testing
- Implemented anti-virus solution on all Linux servers, compiled all system security event logs, and defined all security group rules
Sierra Nevada Corporation - Sparks, NV | July 2013 - August 2015
Business Applications Administrator
- Managed over 3500 clients through SCCM 2007 & 2012 and oversaw deployments of large and complex applications targeted for mass audience.
- Migrated clients, packages, and task sequences from SCCM 2007 to 2012
- Update and maintain OS deployment task sequences and driver packages
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan, deploy, troubleshoot, and support application deployments
- Took over the management of the VMWare Horizon environment to provide business users a test environment for applications.
- Helped the business meet timesheet compliance by designing and deploying a custom Windows logon screen for all users.
- Migrated all users from IE 8 to IE 11 and configured group policies to help maintain legacy application support.
- Upgraded all Project 2007 users to Project 2013
- Redesigned the company Windows image and rebuilt the accompanying task sequence while creating a new system for logging all changes to both image and task sequence
- Trained with mobility to provide backup for service requests with Blackberry users
Sierra Nevada Corporation - Sparks, NV | July 2012 - July 2013
Information Technology Associate
- Rotated through various IT areas taking on projects and responsibilities for each 8-10 week period
- Received training in the service desk, business applications (IBM Lotus Notes, SCCM), cyber security, system administration, and development
- Responded to cyber incidents, reviewed packet capture logs, and reverse engineered malware from spearphishing attempts
- Manually upgraded all Blackberry users to a new OS across 2 states